Re: Interesting Sighting Tonight

Message posted by Steve Douglass on July 26, 2005 at 16:25:24 PST:

I just sent the webmaster a scan of the of the original Donuts On A Rope article that ran in AVWK in 1992.

I think it's time to lay the negative "Darkstar call sign" claims that Trucker Tom keeps spouting to rest. Obviously he has not read the original article and his claims are based on quotes taken out of context. Note that at no time are the Darkstar Intercepts identified as coming from the mystery aircraft in question.

At the time (more than 12 years ago) I did not have a listing of the users of the DARKSTAR callsign but now we all know it is used by E-3 AWACS aircraft.

Hind sight is always 20-20 and its easy to claim that Steve Douglass is a phony because he didn't know the identity of the DARKSTAR aircraft these many years later.

Sorry for the condition or the article It's a XEROX and has been languishing in an old file box for some time.

Thanks

_Steve Douglass

P.S. I need to mention that Trucker Tom's mistaken idea that Popular Science must be knocking on the door looking for an article are just not true. The only place I have written about this sighting is here on this forum for the benefit of those interested in such things. Besides, one undocumented sighting of a fast flyer is hardly enough to base an article on .

In Reply to: Interesting Sighting Tonight posted by Steve Douglass on July 24, 2005 at 22:05:14 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]