Re: military/area51 frequency questions

Message posted by lone wolf on July 13, 2005 at 13:51:37 PST:

My list doesn't show the pro-95 as being mil air capable, so I assume that is the one you modified. I know Don Starr's software can do this for some GRE designed radios. I would assume the pro-60 or Pro-43 would be better since they were designed to cover mil air, but since you have to buy either one used, why not just get a used Yupitero MVT7100? Pro43 and Pro-60 are specified at 2uV for 20db SNR, while the MV7100 is specified at 0.5uV for 10db SNR. Granted the SNRs do not match, but I have to wonder why those older RS designs aren't specified at 10db, which is what the rest of the industry does.

Some of the older Radio Shack scanners bandscan mil air in 50Khz steps at a minimum. The current band plan is 25Khz, which the MVT7100 can handle. I think Hank has a Pro-43 or Pro-60, so he can says what the step size is in the mil air band.

One thing to check on scanner that covers mil air is if it can be forced to do NFM in the mil air band. The noise floor around the Nellis ranges is quite low, and I've managed to receive satcom with just a blade antenna.

Have you tried the scanner recorder and the bank of frequencies that I posted? These frequencies are not going to be as active as your local police, and it's hard to monitor a scanner 24&7. The scanner recorder will save the audio. It's a free download.

In Reply to: Re: military/area51 frequency questions posted by joe inman on July 13, 2005 at 13:19:56 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]