Was through Nevada but missed the Campout

Message posted by John Repinski on June 01, 2005 at 10:23:03 PST:

As a long time Area 51 afficiondo from Wis.,I was so looking forward to the anniversary campout and had all my plans laid out but the price of gas out west unfort. kept me from making one of my major life dreams come true. I hope eveyone had the greatest time and I look forward to seeing some of the photos and trip reports from those who did manage to attend.
I did though manage to at least "travel through" your great state of Nevada during that time though on an Amtrak train through Northern Nevada, between Reno and Elki while I was on the California Zephyr, on my way back from California in the middle of a 95 hour train ride...and as we passed the approx. coridinates on the map (directly north of where the campout was..I had a GPS)...I yelled out "Happy Anniversary Everyone". I have to say the high dessert out there was truly breathtaking and though I wished I could have been down there with everyone....I at least was there in spirit. I hope all had a good time. I do hope to get out there sometime in the next year or so.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]