Gearing up for Area 51 celebrations weekend -May 27, 28, 29

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on May 18, 2005 at 23:44:05 PST:

Hello, Joerg, Hank and everyone of the Dreamland Resort family.
I am really excited about the upcoming Area 51 - 50th Anniversary camp-out weekend (Memorial Day weekend), i.e., May 27, 28 and 29.
Although meant to be a spontaneous, informal gathering, it would be great if the participants could help in some ways. For example, it would be great if they could make some great banners (such as "Happy 50th, Area 51", etc. etc.). The more banners there are it would be merrier. Besides, if the news media show up, at least they could take the shots of the people and the banners, too.
Also, I take it for granted that people will be bringing their own lawn chairs, etc.

On Friday, May 27, some people will already be there at the site. Some kind of signs should be there so that people will know where to park,etc. Probably right around 5 p.m. or so would be nice to start off the celebrations with live music and some words from Joerg and Hank and Peter Merlin and everyone who wants to say a few words (remember, it's your celebration); we can have a toast and then barbecue and then more music and more open mike. I will be bringing two generators and will be setting up the P.A. system, keyboard, two instrument amplifiers and a base amplifier. I will also bring a tall lamp-stand to be used as flood-light, so that we can go on till the evening until it gets cold. If anyone else could bring some flood-lights it will be appreciated.
On Saturday, the mini-stage will be re-set. I will have a parasol to give me some shade during the daytime. I also encourage people to bring their own parasols and lawn chairs. Again, Saturday, we can have some more live music, barbecue, speeches (open mike), and more barbecue in the evening with more music. More people will show up on Saturday, I think. I can bring two small tables and a couple of chairs if Joerg and Bill want to set up enough supplies of the Area 51 -50th Anniversary patches and also the commemorative pens. I am sure that people will buy up those right away.
The celebrations should continue on till Sunday. It would be a tremendous success if a hundred persons show up. It would still be a success even if less than 20 persons show up. The important thing is to participate in this celebration by being there and enjoying the fellowship with each other. The memory will stay with you forever.
I am planning to drive back to L.A. on Sunday late afternoon.

Attached link: PRESS RELEASE: Area 51 celebrates its 50th Anniversary - public to gather on Memorial Day weekend

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]