Re: Area 51 security ON-TRACK

Message posted by Spooky_Dogg on March 18, 2001 at 16:31:04 PST:

Can neither confirm nor deny your speculation(s).
However can say you're on track.

As for the Green Berets, Rangers, and Seals, although I tend to tease them a bit, they probably would agree that Recon Marines are the only unit that has the combined training and active experience.

Unlike the Green Berets and Rangers, we do not quarrel over a Beret hat color and split-unit duties. Unlike the Seals, Recon Marines are equipped with many more functions. And, unlike any of these Special Operations units, the President doesn't have to ask anybody's permission to send us, and, further, we don't necessarily have to await some foreign country's invitation to "party."

I could only wish that overall command and control for these elite units could be vested in the President, much the same as his authority over the Marine Corps
has been vested. Again his authority over the Corps
is vested in the EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT -
*Not* the dual title "Commander-in-Chief."

The point here is that IF someone else was delegated
the title "Commander in Chief" the Marine Corps would THEN be EXCLUDED because they are come under immediate DIRECT CONTROL of the PRESIDENCY. I know that is a hard concept for most Americans to understand.

At any rate, back to Topic - A51 is also an excellent location for SNIPER units to practice their Desert Survival skills....and that includes all those with this specialized talent.

In Reply to: Re: Area 51 security satellites UP-LINK posted by Rocketfox on March 18, 2001 at 7:45:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]