Re: Some Questions

Message posted by lone wolf on May 06, 2005 at 13:11:17 PST:

Just an FYI, this is the official William Optics link. William Yang used to have his products distrubuted by Anacortes, but decided to cut out the middle man as they say. There may be remants of the older website. I see William has some package deals.

What I forgot to mention is you need some way to protect your scope for the trip up/down the hill. I build protective cases out of large (6 inch) PVC pipe and foam padding. Really, I don't think there is enough time to piece all this gear together.

BTW, I suggest getting an external frame backpack of at least 5000 cubic inches. You need to pack the optical gear, scanners, camera, tripod or monopod, water, food, Gatorade, tent, sleeping bag, first aid kit, and probably a few things I forgot. A heavy jacket will be needed at night. You should have good hiking boots with an agressive pattern on the bottom. I bring gloves and a ski mask, though temperatures should be just under 40 at night by the time the 50th celebration comes around. Hats are important to prevent loss of body heat. I have a thermal military style hat that makes me look even geekier than normal, but at least my ears aren't freezing.

I really think people should have 2nd thought about doing Tikaboo if you haven't planned things out. I've been climbing a local mountain twice a week that has twice the elevation change of Tikaboo just so I'll be ready. Even then, I don't plan on bringing the scope because I've too out of shape at this time of the year (i.e. not getting enough exercise during the winter).

Attached link: click

In Reply to: Re: Some Questions posted by lone wolf on May 06, 2005 at 12:30:38 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]