Re: Nevada Test Site Tour

Message posted by lone wolf on April 29, 2005 at 12:15:29 PST:

It's probably too late to get on the list, but it doesn't hurt to contact the test site and see if there is an opening.

Having done the tour three times, your best chances of seeing CP1 is to go when foreign tourists are not likely to attend, i.e. maybe October, which is just before the rainy season but after tourist season. If there is a foreign national in the tour group, even a Canadian, the group will not enter CP1. If you do get into CP1, I suggest sitting in the front row if possible, and I can't say why, at least on a public forum. ;-) Just be very observant. Also note the map of the NTS on the wall still has Area 51 on it. Most NTS maps seem to chop off Area 51.

The reason I took the tour 3 times was twice I couldn't see CP1 due to foreign nationals. One trip I didn't even see gate 700 due to a test nearby. If you go during the rainy season, there will be a chance the roads are not passible so certain areas will be skipped.

If you sit near the front of the bus, you can hear the guide talking to "bird dog" on the two-way radio. I suspect certain areas have road sensors, so you need to place a call to "bird dog" prior to entering the area.

In Reply to: Nevada Test Site Tour posted by Hank on April 29, 2005 at 9:01:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]