recent visit and wierdness

Message posted by Teresa Smith on March 26, 2005 at 22:03:13 PST:

My husband and I were in Rachel on Monday last week and unfortunately were unable to procure a room for the night. We decided to drive up mailbox road to the edge of the AREA, and of course saw the cammo dudes. We turned around and went back but got screwed up and ended up going out the long way. As we were heading back down the gravel road toward 375 we saw taillights and headlights back up toward the base, and also out on 375. When we came out off of the gravel road onto 375 there were headlights coming from back toward the base, and we knew there were no other cars out there besides us and the cammo dudes. We realized we weren't at the mailbox and must have took a wrong turn. We decided to go back and try to find mailbox road. As we headed west back toward Rachel we saw headlights coming toward us, but no car ever reached us.We also kept seeing the taillights of the vehicles back out toward the gravel roads to the south toward the base. As we needed to get going on into Vegas, or at least try and find a motel near us (hah), we turned toward Ash Springs and headed out. We were talking about how we had been there several times and never seen anything wierd, and it was looking like it was going to be another one of those times. I was thinking to myself, yeah Rachel and Area 51 are all dried up now. As we came through Hancock Summit my husband was driving very carefully to avoid any cows. There is a pass right there where there are about 30 ft. high "walls" on either side of the highway, so he knew that it was most unlikely that a cow would be right there. All of a sudden there was an ear-splitting "bah bang" on my husband's side of the vehicle. It seemed to rock the vehicle like something had hit us. My husband ducked down as well as myself because we envisioned something coming through the window. It was at about head level right behind my husband's left ear. As a result his ear was hurting for hours afterward. Both of us went, WTF? What was that???? We didn't know what it was but decided to drive on a little further before checking it out. There was no broken glass or metal crunching sound. Just the double bang. We then decided we better go back and see what we hit, so turned around but could not find anything. This,incidentally is all at night, so even more freaky. We drove on into Ash Springs and stopped at the convenience store. We looked closely at the vehicle, to determine what we might have hit. The vehicle was covered in dust from all the gravel roads and being off roading for several days without a wash. Anything that would have made contact with the vehicle would have left marks or trails in the dirt. There was nothing, nada, zip. We figured there would be major damage to the vehicle but there was not any damage at all. We got gas and then decided to drive up the road to see if we could find a motel in Ash Springs. As we left the gas station and were driving south just a few yards, we heard and felt another bah-bang just like the first one, only less powerful, and this time it was on the lower passenger side. We immediately turned around, but could not see anything that we had run over or hit. We stopped and looked immediately at the vehicle also and there wasn't a mark on it. There are two motels in the area, and the first one said it was full, and the second one looked iffy, so we continued on 93 south toward Vegas. About 25 miles out of ASh Springs we decided we better go back because we wanted to talk to people at Rachel the next day to see if anyone had had anything like this happen to them or knew of what it could be. We had a Never Lost Navigation system in our Hertz rental SUV, and were checking nearest motels. It kept directing us to either Caliente or other towns approx. 70 miles away. Also about this time, the system started slowing wayyyyy down, taking several seconds to minutes to key up the info. We drove back to the other "motel" in Ash Springs or Alamo (can't remember which) and went in. It was deathly quiet in the office and no one was around. There was a sign on the desk that read, "This phone does not work. Use the phone in the hallway to get someone to help you check in". I picked up a phone that had been dragged out of a room in the hallway and dialed the number. Just kept ringing busy. Finally I called my husband in from the car, and he picked up the phone on the desk. It was like it was just off the hook in someone's house, and we could hear conversation and tv in the background. We said hello several times but no one ever answered. Decided oh well, we better go. So again, on in toward Vegas. We discussed just sleeping in the SUV several times, but neither of us were that thrilled to do that. Around 40 miles south of Ash Springs, maybe more, we passed a green jeep on the side of the road with no lights on. Immediately after we passed it, it turned on it's lights and began to follow us. After awhile he passed us. About this time, the GPS started acting up again. Instead of showing the hotels it had originally, it directed us to a Best Western at Nellis Air Force Base. About 5 miles out of Vegas, we passed a white van on the side of the road with it's lights off. Again, after we passed it, it turned on it's lights and began following us. By this time we are kind of freaked out.
My questions are these:
WHAT hit us out there? Some kind of pulse weapon or sound weapon?
Were they able to screw with us because they could hear us talking in our vehicle about "nothing ever happens out here"?
Were the vehicles following us just coincidences?
What is with the wierd motels out there?
Were they just screwing with us because it was a boring Monday night? Or were they trying to get rid of us before something bigger was going to happen?
We are not naturally big story tellers, and we have never seen a UFO, so this is a very serious query for us. Any info at all will be greatly appreciated.
BTW, we could not find a motel room that night in Vegas. We had to drive through to Kingman, AZ before being able to stop at 3:15 a.m.
What a night.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]