Re: Aussie answers

Message posted by phil on February 23, 2005 at 20:36:08 PST:

Thanks for that elicidation mate, as Basil Fawlty would say "Oh I see..". heh heh.

Yes the article was from 2000 and I thank you for clearing the matter up.As you are aware, journo's are regarded in a very poor light down here, so if they are going to air jokes to innocent readers they should clear the matter up shortly afterwards in my view- if they have any decency!.
I recently read " Reporters without borders" rates Aust 41st in the world in terms of journalistic intregrity, just above sycophantic propagandists of despotic regimes.
I reckon thats about right as I don't believe a word of what they air in the media here.
To be honest I feel a bit deflated now as I thought a so -called respectable aviation writer like Gerry Carmen would not 'play' with innocent readers like that. Gee I feel like a twit!.
I must admit though, I'm still a sceptic on the direction this country is going, the lies are racking up ever higher, I'll be voting differently next time.
I think this 'punching above our weight' is a myth really.
I noted how an audit revealed the Army is short on bullets even. heh heh.My mates and I laughed, when they poked fun at that on the 'Glass House' on the ABC.
Still, thanks for clearing up matters mate, I appreciate it, I honestly thought Carman had seen a black aircraft by accident, well I've learnt a lesson now, just don't believe anything these clowns say- especially Carman!!!!.
I'll think I'll stick to something simpler and honest in future, like my mountaineering.
Goodbye and see you on Everest.
Phil

In Reply to: Re: Aussie answers posted by CoyoteUgly on February 23, 2005 at 15:18:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]