Re: Thunderbirds at Indian Springs w/ Nellis spotting

Message posted by Hank on February 20, 2005 at 19:27:21 PST:

As far as viewing at Indian Springs their are many good spots. Starting at the prison on the west side of 95 you can get some elevation by taking the prison turnoff and driving up the hill. If you continue north past the prison turnoff, point Bravo will be on your right. Their are numerous turnoffs to the east where you can park. I have been there to see the T-Birds practice many times. Their flight path is south to north and a turn over the prison brings them back to their southern most starting point. As far as Nellis is concerned their is construction at the end of Hollywood Blvd right near the gate. Their is a construction access road that runs to the north. If you can brave the huge earth moving equipment their is some good areas to shoot from. Its closer than than ballfields at the end of Los Feliz but you lose alot of elevation there. Cheyenne is good but I got run from there about six weeks sgo. I was at the corner of the fence by the golf course. I went back the next day and was there for two hours and never saw anyone. So oyu never know. Viewingwolf may have some advice on Indian Springs also.
Hank

In Reply to: Thunderbirds at Indian Springs w/ Nellis spotting posted by Luke on February 20, 2005 at 17:59:07 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]