Strange Lights/Noises Beale Vicinity

Message posted by Will (NorCal) on February 19, 2005 at 20:07:43 PST:

Strange stuff tonight...

Twice this evening, I have heard a strange noise accompanied by a flash of light. Both occasions coincided with the sound of an aircraft on approach to Beale.

Hesitated to post this, for fear that you would think I'd gone over to the tinfoil-beanie crowd...

It is raining hard here, with forecasts calling for possible thunderstorms. I have experienced lots of thunderstorms here, but what I have seen and heard does not look/sound like any thunderstorm I have ever seen.

Both times, I was first aware of the sound of an approaching aircraft. It happens all day here, but these two occasions sounded different enough for me to take notice.

At about the time it was overhead (around 2000ft.), there was a hollow metallic sound followed by a flash of light. The light was not like a lightning flash, but more like a rotating beacon (but very bright). Almost like when you see the flash from car headlights turning a corner.

The light/sound was different enough for my family to take immediate notice. I really haven't gone off the deep end, but thought I would mention it in case it jives with anything else going on...the last occurrence was about 20 minutes ago (7:35 PST)

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]