encounters of the spook kind

Message posted by lone wolf on February 06, 2005 at 17:48:22 PST:

I ran into a guy who had been in the military for a while, then worked for companies that did defense work. Obviously I asked about the TTR, which he said he had been to as a civilian. Then I asked about Site-4, to which he said he knew nothing about it. So I thought maybe they called it S4, and he said he knew nothing about S4 either. So I mentioned the foreign radar and he said something like "I know the spot and I know nothing about it." [Translation: quit asking me questions about that spot.] Given the other stuff he told me, it seemed odd that Site-4 was off limits for discussion.

Of course I asked about Groom Lake. He said he was there once as a civilian. I asked if he took a Janet flight, and he said they landed in the companies Learjet C-21, which would put the visit about 20 years ago and kind of fits the guys age.

It is no big secret that coporate jets (bizjets) land at Groom, but you have to wonder why they wouldn't have visitors use the Janet jets, other than perhaps the need to handle the visitors cargo (test equipment, parts, etc.). Now here is my thought: The Janet jets are only used for "regulars". If you recall the Beech crash, that plane only carried contractors. Perhaps they don't want to risk having the "regulars" leak some information in idle chit-chat on the janet jets to visitors.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]