Re: New Area 51 Photos

Message posted by Kevin on January 31, 2005 at 9:34:13 PST:

Thanks for the info!!! I was wondering if this would be enough though. I have 2 Canon 1ds Mark II's and I also have 2 Canon 1d Mark II's. The 1ds is 16.6MP and the 1d is 8.2MP. In addition, I have a Canon 600mm f/4 with a 2x converter. I am sure that you and others on this site know tons more then me when it comes to photographing from the peak but I would think that the glass in the 600mm "L" series Canon lens is much better and cleaner that a lens in a telescope. Then again, I have never used a telescope before. Also, the 16.6MP and 8.2MP camera are better then film so I don't know if that would be an advantage or not. 50 and 100 ISO on either camera is extremely clean and has extremely low noise. Thanks for the idea of shooting an object 26 miles or so away. That will give me practice!!! Also, is the mm on a telescope equivalent to the mm on a 35mm camera lens??? I appreciate all of your info in the last post and welcome any additional that you could provide!!! I am looking forward to the campout in May and hope I can find someone to go up the peak with. When I tried to do it in July my Saturn ION did not have enough clearance to make it around some of the rocks. with the 600mm lens and the 2x converter that would make it a 1200mm on the 1ds and with the 1d it would make it a 1560mm b/c the camera's sensor is smaller then a 35mm negative so it give a 1.3x conversion. Could Photoshop help with enhancing the image??? What about a panoramic stitching program such a Photoshop CS or Canon provides one too. Sorry about the rambling and sporadic thinking. Again, thanks to everyone on this site and I welcome anyone's ideas!!! Till then...

In Reply to: Re: New Area 51 Photos posted by lone wolf on January 29, 2005 at 12:28:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]