Re: Is it illegal to find road and other sensors.

Message posted by scott on January 11, 2005 at 21:45:00 PST:

The problem as Chick Clark pointed out is it is military stuff on public land. This violates the posse commitatus act or some such thing.

Basically, the military can't spy on U.S. citizens in that manner on public land. I'm not advising you steal them, but what I would do is take Karl, Bill W. and a few others and go to each sensor and post a sign at it's location. That would be fun to watch the cammo dudes go crazy. And if you note the sign as being your property then it's theft.

Any found property that is found by you and you have a reasonable way of ascertaing ownership and you don't then it's theft. i.e. you know who owns it but you took it anyway, then you stole it. I'm sure you could tie up Brad's forces for months just writing the reports.

To get around the littering law you could be advising it's a free speech and the date on each sign when you will return to pick it up.

In Reply to: Re: Is it illegal to find road and other sensors. posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on January 06, 2005 at 18:54:36 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]