Re: Hiking into Area 51

Message posted by lone wolf on January 04, 2005 at 20:02:14 PST:

You can see the operation near Groom Lake from Tikaboo Peak (and peaks near Tikaboo) and Reveille Peak. Instructions to reach Tikaboo are on DLR. Given some of the idiots that have used the instructions lately, I'd take them off or at least consult a good lawyer! I heard about some guy who insisted on hiking it in the dark, but hey he had a really bright flashlight. This is a hike where at spots there is only 5 ft between you and a nice roll down a hill.

Then there was that TV crew who hiked Tikaboo the same day F150 and I did, except they didn't want to wait for us while we staged. [Translation of staged is cook out at the campground near the lake to build up some strength for the hike.] We found the crews rental SUV, but never did spot them on the hike up the hill.

Lastly, the mysterious black taper tried the hike. If you do the hike, there are markings along the trail, but the black taper decided to add his own markings. Eventually the trail turned and the black tape didn't seem to follow the trail. I hope he/she made it down.

The Reveille hike is documented on desertsecrets.com. To this date, nobody had duplicated that hike.

In Reply to: Re: Hiking into Area 51 posted by karl on January 04, 2005 at 19:36:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]