Re: Writer Inquiry- Why The Fascinaton?

Message posted by Frank Stamm on October 26, 2004 at 19:42:29 PST:

For me the fascinaton at first was the terrain. It was and still is one of the most remote areas of our country. I was driving around the desert since the late 70s but it took the "Lazar" thing to put the Little ALeInn on the map. Larry King , Montel and the media put a focus on the area for a while. The true investigators and watchers are going to always be out there spotting the skys. Although many projects fly at night, I and many others have seen them during the day. The weapons school flights occur year round as well as new systems proving flights. Two years ago I woke every morning to a B-2 and a KC-10 practicing hook ups over Rachel. The Red Flag exercises will bring squadrons from other countries to join US fighters, bombers, transports, AWACs, search and rescue, Special Forces and others in war games.
I am sure there are many who want to see ET and will travel there hoping for a close encounter. But for those who read and contribute to this site we want to catch a glimpse of the next generation of SR-71s and F-117s.
Perhaps the best reason for me to travel to Rachel is to sit at the bar at the ALeInn. There you can hear the stories of visitors and locals. Meet a few contributors to this forum. Maybe form a few friendships that will last a lifetime, as I have. The first thing I do when I get home from Rachel is start planing my trip back.

In Reply to: Writer Inquiry- Why The Fascinaton? posted by Curious George on October 25, 2004 at 12:28:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]