Re: Arizona's Area 51?

Message posted by lone wolf on September 26, 2004 at 21:11:49 PST:

I checked the FCC records in two ways. One was a radius search near the ranch for licenses inthe 451 range. The other was a search on JJJ. None showed up.

Looking at the area on the topo map, I now realize I've been near it as this would be on the way from Vegas to Flagstaff. It is pretty rugged area, but also frequented by tourists. I've checked out the craters in the volcanic park nearby and climbed the one volcano they let you climb. [It is only a hard climb due to the thin air.] Incidentally, no swiping volcanic rock in the park as it is a federal offense. Better to swipe the rock on the nearby private land, which is only a state offense. ;-)

My conclusion is there could be a training camp, but really not much otherwise to get excited about. There is no shortage of small training camps in the west. The most famous is the one used by the Marine for high altitude warfare, located in the Sierras [Pickel Meadow].

In Reply to: Re: Arizona's Area 51? posted by lone wolf on September 26, 2004 at 8:55:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]