Re: Ran Off From The Nellis Fence Line

Message posted by Gus on August 20, 2004 at 1:19:01 PST:

I remember several years ago at Nellis, I was leaning against the chainlink fence close to the H-60s, I think the road may be called LVB.

The police came around and said that it had been reported that someone was trying to climb the fence.
I said, "Well it's not me because I am too old and too fat, and if I did want to come on base I would come through the big gap in the fence near the Golfcourse!"
They soon moved on!

I think over here in the UK we have had security problems over a long period of time, and without being complacent we seem to know what can and cannot be done.
In the USA it is only 3 years old and security people all over the USA have not yet been able to grasp the nettle, hopefully this will change with the passage of time.

Finally I was once at the small static display museum at NAS Point Mugu, anyone who has been there knows that every vehicle that goes on and off base passes this museum. I had been there 2 to 3 hours watching Flight Ops.
A couple of base security guys came out and questioned me,this is OK because I was on DOD land. The penny then dropped and I realised that they may not understand my intentions, security 1 was a Latino who could hardly speak English, security 2 was an 18 year old just out of school. Plus I think my Sage Flying jacket with VC-12 Omars patches kinda freaked them out.

In Reply to: Re: Ran Off From The Nellis Fence Line posted by Keith on August 19, 2004 at 9:23:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]