Re: N404PA

Message posted by lone wolf on August 05, 2004 at 11:56:17 PST:

Well, lets see. You drive to the Hollywood Blvd spot at the back of Nellis, Scan the tower & other freqs. Watch the plane that is landing or taking off so you know which plane matches the callsign. That should get you the info. How how he gets the tail numbers from Hollywood Blvd is a good question. The planes are too far away to see the tail numbers with binocs for me. I would need a spotting scope. JimBob may just look at the photos from his digital camera to get the tail numbers.

I'd like to find a bit more user-friendly spot to watch from LVB. The base is about 5 ft lower than the road, which means there is a nasty grade between the road and the edge of the fence If you want to see over the fence, you need to be near the road, but that can get nasty as the big truck roar by. If you get closer to the fence, you can't see over the fence. I'm considering bringing a small step stool so I can get over the fence, but that kind of rules out using a monopod or video head to get sharper photographs.

In Reply to: Re: N404PA posted by Jim Bob on August 05, 2004 at 10:15:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]