Re: Flight Testing at Edwards

Message posted by Super Dave on July 29, 2004 at 17:13:22 PST:

NIMA has a ton of stuff, if you know where to look. Topographic, hydrologic, aeronautical.... Other than the normal paper flips I had everything digitally. Our Det had just about every digital product I could justify ordering. 5m, 10m, unclass 1m imagery of the US, every type of nav chart you can imagine - JOG, JNC, TPC. We used a flight planning software suite called Falconview. It will read and display just about any type of digital chart/imagery you give it. We got it all for free so we'd order stuff like Tyvek evasion charts for funky places like Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. Free sectionals and WACS for the US, etc... Every 28 days our mail delivery guy would have a look of terror on his face when he saw what he had to deliver for us.

I looked through the security manual, and for the most part it looks authentic. The security squad at Edwards is part of the base mission support wing. I can't remember their Squadron /Base Air Wing number. They have manuals similar to the one posted, but just because it looks real, doesn't mean it is.

In Reply to: Re: Flight Testing at Edwards posted by Lone wolf on July 28, 2004 at 22:23:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]