Re: dual mode Aurora

Message posted by Steve Douglass on July 29, 2004 at 7:17:05 PST:

The article is flawed on many levels. First there are no sources to attribute the claims he makes about Aurora. Anyone can say it exists and claim to know the history of the craft, but where did he get this information?

Also, the Navy project was called Yahudi not Yahootie which makes me think someone verbally told this account to the author and missed pronounced the code name for the project. Next time do better research and not just on th Internet.

Plus, the "stovepipe" story is also flawed. First of all the callsign in question was "Gaspipe+#" and the aircraft did not ask permission to overfly California. Why would he if he was flying above 80,00 feet? Second off all the Gaspipe callsign was heard concerning an aircraft landing at Edwards AFB. What was unique about the transmission was the aircraft was guided down to Edwards in much the way the shuttle was.

The transmission ( not mine) was transcribed as (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Gaspipe, altitude is at 67,000,81 mi out .. seventy out.. 36,000 above glidescope.. etc. with continual GCA reports until the craft landed. However, when queried by AVWK , Edwards (Joshua cntrl) stated they had no documents showing they had worked any aircraft with that callsign. The article ran in the May , 11 1992 issue if anyone wants to look it up.

As for checking on seismic activity that could have occured during the Jan, 7 incident? What a good idea . Why didn't I think of that!

-Steve Douglass

In Reply to: Re: dual mode Aurora posted by lone wolf on July 28, 2004 at 22:46:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]