Re:

Message posted by lone wolf on July 26, 2004 at 21:52:31 PST:

After that guy on Coast to Coast rambled on about this brilliant idea he had to use navspasur to track objects in space, the guy at the link provided did this 9 years ago. If you go through the presentation, he was invited to give a talk to the Navy on how he tracked objects in space using the signal from the Navy. Talk about getting a knock on the door.

The article shows that the antenna is really a long array of smaller dipoles. They use phasing tricks to focus the beam. Thus the goal is not to look for a big dish or tower, but rather something as long as a runway. This probably expains why you couldn't find the antenna since it doesn't look like what you would expect. [I assure you Lone Wolf would have made the same mistake since when you hear hoof beats, you think horses instead of zebras.] I think this structure that is allegedly a runway on the topo map is the antenna

It's about 3/10 of a mile from the road.

I've noticed that text in between <> doesn't show up on the forum post but does show up in the email. I use the <> to make sure the email doesn't chop the address. So that the coordinates can be read in the forum, they are
N 33.113353 W 112.0308

Attached link: been there, done that, Art Bell should book this guy

In Reply to: Re: posted by Hank on July 26, 2004 at 9:10:00 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]