Re: Pheonix lights

Message posted by Dave Bethke on July 18, 2004 at 19:47:49 PST:

The "Phoenix Lights" were actually two events which from all accounts, and in my opinion, had nothing to do with each other.

The first, a series of lights to the south of Phoenix were without a doubt military flares. The best video of the lights, taken from northern Phoenix just east of I-17, was compared - overlaid - with a daylight video taken from the same location. When you can see the surrounding terrain it's obvious the lights were slowly decending and went "out" when they dropped behind South Mountain. This was shown on a cable show, TLC, Discovery, I forget which, some years ago.

The second event was a formation of much dimmer lights in a V pattern which moved from north to south over Phoenix. Other reports say this formation was see in other areas, including Payson, AZ and Las Vegas. One viewer claims to have seen through a small telescope the navigation (green/red) lights on individual small planes. Others claim the V was solid, blanking out the stars behind it. I don't know who is credible. To me, it's still an unknown and needs some investigation, especially with what has become known about UAV's in years since then.

In Reply to: Pheonix lights posted by Vega on July 18, 2004 at 16:30:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]