Re: Milair scanning site?

Message posted by lone wolf on July 10, 2004 at 19:51:49 PST:

You are probably thinking of javaradio.com. There were a few tentec RX320s and Icom PCR-1000 on the network that tended to be parked on GHFS (of HF-GCS in Bush-speak) channels like 13.2, 8.992, 11.175, etc or local mil air towers. I used to listen to Palmdale and Edwards over the website. You could change the frequency yourself on javaradio, but then some other person would change it back. It was like kids fighting over a toy. Javaradio went to a pay service and bombed. It is back as www.dxtuners.com and in theory free. My experiences with the old service were pretty bad that I haven't checked out the new website.

You might want to join "livescanneraudio" on yahoogroups. It is mostly fire and police, but occasionally there is mil air, though mostly for airshows. Depending where you live, there is a socalmilcom and baymilcom yahoogroup.

Obviously UHF mil air has to be local, but HF mil air can be done almost anywhere, so you don't need to get it online.

In Reply to: Milair scanning site? posted by Chris M on July 10, 2004 at 19:18:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]