RE: GPS in Coke Cans

Message posted by Drakkens_Fire on July 02, 2004 at 5:53:22 PST:

Im thinking that is a great marketing tool, but not very parcticle. The cost would be extremely high, that would increase the cost of the product. The idea of knowing where there product is bing consumed would nat really impact there sales only the fact that there sales are increasing is their bottom line. If I were a ownere of a company and wanted to track my sales I am not to sure if I would spend the kind of money that would be needed for such an undetaking as this. Then the next thing to consider is, how would you package the GPS unit within the Can as not to be affected by the product itsself, not to mention the contamination hazards that are possible. Coke as we all know is very acidic, it will eat just about anything, if you dont believ me, the next time you go on a long trip and run into a bug war. and your windshield looks like a battlefield for the unlucky, take a bottle of coke to it,, the next thing you know it will look like a shiny new nickle.. COKE EATS EVERYTHING!! ..lol
But if they have come up with a way to do this, then I am going to start buying coke in a can, the carefully opening the cans to try to remove the unit inside. Im sure you could use it for a more practicle purpose.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]