Re: B-2's

Message posted by Jim Bob on July 01, 2004 at 12:26:36 PST:

I believe the B-1s associated with the Weapons School are from Detachment 4 of the 57th Wing located at Nellis. The detachment is located at Ellswoth AFB, Rapid City, South Dakota. The aircraft used for the weapons school training carry the Ellsworth (EL) tailcode. They do the training at Ellsworth and deploy to Nellis for the Mission Emloyment Phase (graduation) held at the end of the 5 1/2 month course. Similiarly there are other detachments for other Air Combat Command aircraft. These probably include B-52s, B-2S, RC-15s, C-130s, C-17s, F-117s, E-3s, MH-53s and E-8s. These carry tailcodes of their home bases. The ME Phase is held in early June and early December. All of the training is brought together in a Red Flag type exercise.

The Nellis based weapons school componants in include A-10s (callsign "Hog"), F-16s ("Snake"), F15s ('Rambo" and "Conan"), F-15Es ("Hoss") and HH-60s.

I believe the students are captains with 5-9 years experience. Graduates of the school recieve the much coveted silver WEAPONS SCHOOOL GRADUATE patch. They return to their respective units as expert instructors.

In Reply to: Re: B-2's posted by lone wolf on July 01, 2004 at 9:13:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]