interesting discovery closeness of scanner antenna

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on June 05, 2004 at 18:19:46 PST:

Norio and I ie (Aaron Johnson) made a interesting discovery today apparently the closer the radio shack antenna catalog no 20-176 is to the ground and or scanner the better the reception became. I used this same one and about 6 feet above me while bird watching at EDW and was recieveing everything before I couldnt on my pro2052 scanner could now hear both aircraft and tower or center.

Even someone ie a trucker, griping about the grocey checker strike during which he had it rough or something like that. Unforutnately due to my lack of knowledge in the area of radio signal science i'll call it for simplicity only, im unable to explain this phenomena. The place where this unexpected event happened was on the N/E side of and near the Korean bell, in san pedro, we were trying out some things ie my new scanner and antenna and norio the antenna.

I feel based on my previous experience that the higher the antenna the better reception it was strange too that I also had the same experience as well the lower the and or closer the better.

Happy Skywatching too all
AD INEXPLORATA

Exotic bird watcher: Aaron Johnson.

PS: Scanner Wolf got any idea's about the reception phenomena?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]