bird watcher report groom and Edwards

Message posted by aaron johnson on June 04, 2004 at 23:13:59 PST:

On may 31st to june 2nd went out on a night watching mission at mail box other than the typical glowing circular object ie the Moon nothing too report. During the day on june 1st norio and I had heard sonic booms, but sounded high up, so didnt stop to ID the boomers.

Today on june 4th went too Palmdale and Edwards stayed palmdale till about 1pm. Did see a low vis painted 707 with elongated yellow stripe from about nose, too tail and it shot some touch and go's, but otherwise nothing beyond that.

Enorute too ED radio comm's indiacted UAV testing with C-172 giving chase suspected area was west of So Cal. Played with new type of scanner antenna it's amazing how a specially shaped antenna can recieve things and also played with my new bc250d absolutely looove the
alpha-tagging feature.

when I arrived at ED a b52 had landed about 13:45 as time progressed things seemed to be really slow there but once again china lake was hot. Suspect a goshawk needed clearance to do some booming in the same area.
Stayed at ED till 4pm enrouted back to palmdale too see if anything going on there, which of course was none, If they did fly anything it sure was real stealthy :)

while parked and waiting, waiting, and waitiing heard on my scanner something abpout raptor whilst heading too Palmdale

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]