Re: Tikaboo Approach Sensors?

Message posted by Ed on June 03, 2004 at 17:16:33 PST:

In our case (19-April) the base chopper visited us up Tikaboo around 1300; although we were first port of call it then appeared to cruise the perimeter of the restricted area as if we were an interesting distraction on a routine border patrol. As we'd already been up Tikaboo for 3 hours dressed in highly visible ski-wear I suspect optical detection is as likely as sensors.

Although the close proximity of the chopper was a little scary at the time, in retrospect the crew behaved impeccably....close, but not so close we could be blown off Tikaboo and they didn't appear to be pointing weapons at us (unlike a completely off topic and non-aviation experience 2 days ago). It must be exceptionally dull patrolling the base and the guys are probably pleased to be there rather than in the Middle East!

I don't suppose that use of a scanner on Tikaboo could be detected? I ask as a while back at an base near me I was stopped and asked if I was using a scanner. I was, and as it was hidden from view and I was wondering how they could tell (or maybe coincidence).

In Reply to: Re: Tikaboo Approach Sensors? posted by lone wolf on May 26, 2004 at 9:39:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]