Re: SUV/ 4X4 rental

Message posted by CoyoteUgly on April 20, 2004 at 15:09:54 PST:

I rented a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7 from Dollar at McCarron for three days when I was there in October. With all the insurances etc, it ended up costing about $US90 a day. Being a small V6, it was pretty easy on the gas, but it didn't have a huge gas tank, so you need to be mindful of the range if you're going off road.

After a day of offroading I decided to check the rental papers and found that I was not insured on unsealed roads! Still, I went back the next day and did it all again!

On the way back to Vegas I was desperately looking for a self use car wash to hose off some of the bulldust I'd collected on the back roads around the bottom of Bald Mtn, but the wash at Alamo only took the old $5 bills and ofcourse, I only had new one's!

I was a little nervous when I returned the car at Vegas, but the rental clerk didn't give it a second glance and no 'extra' cleaning or damage charges have appeared on my credit card since.

CU

In Reply to: Re: SUV/ 4X4 rental posted by Frank Stamm on April 20, 2004 at 11:12:41 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]