Re: Buzzed by choppers??

Message posted by Rose-chan on April 20, 2004 at 14:22:26 PST:

That's exactly where we were. We were hiking toward Road Block Canyon. When we started to walk back to our car we saw a Cammo Dude sitting on top of Camp Fire Hill. He waited until we opened our car door (which was parked at the base of the hill) befor he turned around and drove to GLR where he waited. Then we turned around and headed toward where he was (because, well, it was our only exit). He then drove a little ways further down the road and blocked us so we couldn't go look at the signs (which I wanted to do because my friend had never seen them before). He just sat there until we left. We saw the Black Hawk in the distance hovering, just staring at us. Ha ha. It was scary.

Before we got to the car he flew over us twice and up and down GLR once. He was VERY low. I caught it all on tape. Heh. But I didn't get any pictures. The WHOLE incident is on tape. Pretty cool. I had to get in the car though quickly to prevent dust from getting on the lense.

Ah, heck. The rest of the details will be in the report. :)

In Reply to: Re: Buzzed by choppers?? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 19, 2004 at 20:32:39 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]