Buzzed by choppers??

Message posted by Rose-chan on April 19, 2004 at 16:33:57 PST:

I just got back from the groom area about 2 days ago so I am still writing my trip report, but this certainly was the most thrilling trip. Anyway, quite a few questions have come up from this particular trip. Most of them I have written in my notebook which I do not have with me, but when I get it I will post them (just a few short ones actually).

Anyway, the biggest question that has come up is how often do people get buzzed by the helicopters (I believe they are Black Hawks, but my mom thinks they could be Apache's)? We, um, had an incident and it certainly wasn't our intent to have one dispatched after us. Do they get dispatched if you are just hanging out for a while? If you disappear from view (which I heard I think on this site) for too long? Or is it just certain areas of the border that they are very touchy about (like the White Sides area)?

All these questions seem rather simple, I know, but it was a thrill of a lifetime. A thrill I would hope never to repeat :) .. or at least be better prepared for it if I do... though I do look back on it now and laugh. Really, I guess, I'm just curious how many people here have been buzzed and what your situation was like.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]