I reccomend the pro 2052 by radio shack or the bc 250d

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on March 25, 2004 at 19:12:52 PST:

unfortunately in learning the hardway forutnately I bought most of the scanners on Ebay so I didnt shell out big bucks. The Range you want is VHF-air which is 225.000 to 400.000mhz. Unfortunatley all of the currently available hand held scanners do not, for whatever the reason are blocked from accessing this range of frequencies.

Lone wolf ie scanner wolf is the guy and that regulary responds to posts such as this (all do respect too others). I too respond also if you look down in the early posting or threads there was another individual such as yourself that had similiar questions. As of too date all current handheld radio shack scanners again do not recieve VHF-AIR.

If you go too froogle.com or shopping.com at this point I highly reccommend the Bc250d averaging selling price is about 300.00 also on eBay.com there are some good deals too. the BC250D is well above what you want in price range. But! it does have features you will appreciate as well as learn what scanners. One feature I absolutely enjoy is what is called alpha tagging. basically you can assign a name tag to a channel that has one of, the many frequencies that you'll store in the scanner. the Pro2052 doesnt have this feature, but will recieve VHF-AIR.

happy skywatching too all
may your sky's be blue and full of exotic jets.
Aaron J.

In Reply to: Uniden Bearcat BC80XLT posted by Tommy on March 25, 2004 at 1:52:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]