edwards trunk radio system

Message posted by lone wolf on March 16, 2004 at 22:55:29 PST:

I noticed that the last time I drove past Edwards, my trucking scanner didn't work, so I decided to spend some time figuring out what changed in the system. [If you had that "trunker" program, I'm sure it would be simple, but I had to do some trial and error.] Anyway, I found 3 trunk radio systems at Edwards, while originally there were only two systems. All systems are simulcast. The control channels are 407.5625, 409.5625, and 410.7625. I determined that an "offset" of 380 is required, with a step size of 12.5 and a base frequency of 406.1625. The system is motorola, though I don't know the exact details. [The more modern scanners figure out most of the details on the fly.] Pick the best sounding control channel, plug in these numbers, and all should work. I'd appreciate it if somebody in the area can verify this setup.

I was parked just across route 58 in that failed subdivision. [Dirt roads, no houses, lots of "for sale" signs, as if...] While parked there and doing some scanning, I noticed an ugly prop plane coming my way. I don't multitask well, so I just kept on logging the talk groups and ignore the slow mover. Then I noticed the ugly prop plane was actually a CV-22. I made a dash for the camera, but only had the 100mm lens handy. Maybe some aggressive cropping will get an image.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]