OT: Area 51 in movies/TV

Message posted by Rose-chan on February 15, 2004 at 11:38:13 PST:

This I just thought would be interesting discussion. This morning my mom and I stumbled across an episode of Mutant X all about Area 51. That was amusing. There were flaws and such, like it being near water and surrounded by very green vegetation (desert! hello!), but we could still tell what it was. Also there is a guy who has this website all about it. The discription of the site matches this one (lol), but let's hope the webmaster isn't Joerg because he died... ouch...They never actually mention the name of the base, but the webmaster had an Area 51 sign on his wall.

And in the TV movie Taken they actually refer to it as "Groom Lake". This is the most acurate I have ever seen the base depicted. They even have the Black Mail Box (wrong location, but still cool) and the busses. Even the location of the base is correct.

Also, it is in Independence Day (obviously), but I figure you guys all know that one all ready... considering the plaque out in front of the Inn.

Finally, they mention Nevada a lot in Mars Attacks, but they never actually mention the base. They spend way too much time in that state for it not to mean anything though... lol...

Anyway, has anyone spotted it anywhere else? I love renting movies with it in it... It funny to see how they depict it. :)

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]