Re: regarding your request for info on aurora

Message posted by Chris on February 13, 2004 at 10:52:50 PST:

Here's a good look at Bill Sweetman's Aurora design. Keep in mind that it's quite possible that there wasn't simply one specific design and that a family of such aircraft existed. Aaron mentioned that book Aurora by Bill Sweetman. It's a good read, but FAS takes all the important info (possible flight characteristics, designs, and a timeline on related events) and culminates it for you, so I wouldn't bother with the book. As far as a photo of the actual Aurora, again don't waste your time, it doesn't exist. The only picture I believe to actually capture the aircraft in flight was released as a Discovery Channel box set entitled "UFO's: Down To Earth" and was a 4 video cassette set. One of the videos included is called "Deep Secrets" and the still image can be found there. In the video the reference to the photo is actually being made to the TR-3A Black Manta, but anyone with even a thin knowledge of the two black aircraft won't be fooled. The video also features a never before seen home video taken by a passenger on a transatlantic flight in which you get a look at very oddly shaped contrails that appear to be the "Donut-On-A-Rope" type, but it's all just filler and the contrails could have been made by anything. If you want to go in-depth with more talk on such topics feel free to e-mail me.

Attached link: Federation of American Scientists Mystery Aircraft Page

In Reply to: Re: regarding your request for info on aurora posted by Walt on February 13, 2004 at 4:06:43 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]