Bird Watcher Report: Antelope valley

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on February 06, 2004 at 21:30:43 PST:

Palmdale brian reported e2c hawkeye shooting touch N go's and Isaw myself and 2 f117'a launched. After my arrival half an about hour later, one f117 returned did three touch N go's and landed.

Very little activity at Edwards, radio chatter seemed to indicate that an F-22 might have been in one of the
flight testing area's. So proceeded to the formerly Mcdonnel Dougals RCS facility, Now being ultilized by Aeronautical Systems. Skyfox had stated that a new runway had been built. About a week ago DLR member Norio H. and myself attempted to verify with no success, Today I went to another known to me location to attempt verification of said runway with no success as well at least not fully. Due to a lowered elevation was unable to discern if it's a runway at the said facility.

There is a new 10 foot high perimter chain link fence that has been built, near the alleged location of where said new runway has been built. Aeronautical Systems is the manufacturer of the famed predator series UAV's and is the current occupant of the former Mcdonnel Douglas RCS facility.

Happy skywatching too all
bird watcher Aaron J.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]