Re: Trip Report

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on February 02, 2004 at 21:23:47 PST:

Thanks for your trip report. Its not very common, but on one or two occasions I had the cammos follow me in some distance. What's really fun is when you manage to get between them and the border... ;-)

The speed limit on 93 from the Lincoln County line to the 318/375 intersection is very strictly enforced. You should follow the posted speed limits religiously.
The sheriff rarely comes out on 375, unless he is called by the base or from Rachel. At night slow down: This is open range. There ARE actually cows on the road sometimes, and you won't see them in time if you fly by at 70mph. You may have seen the photos of some cars totaled in such "close encounters" at the Inn...

There are sensors all over the place. If you cross the line the cammos will detain you and call the sheriff to haul you off to Alamo, where you will enjoy his hospitality until you pay the mandatory $650 or $1000 fine, and sign some paperwork.
Given the remoteness of the area, I don't think anyone would buy the story that you "just happen to be hiking there".

In Reply to: Trip Report posted by BASSic on February 02, 2004 at 20:57:23 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]