Green F-117 seen in Palmdale today!

Message posted by Brian on January 12, 2004 at 15:43:54 PST:

Got a rare glimpse of an unpainted F-117 at Plant 42 this afternoon. I had driven out there to watch a C130 and KC10 while doing other crap, but by they time I got there, those two had left, so I hung out for a bit to see what else might go out.

Prior to seeing the F-117, a NASA marked F-15 came in to fly chase for something else. This F-15 looked a bit different than a normal one, the nose looked a bit shorter. Anyways on his 2nd pass, he picked up the "something else" which turned out to be what looked like a modified F-5 or F-20. The front underside of the plane was curved drastically, as if carrying additional equipment, making it look like a guppy or pelican.

Then out came the F-117, being towed. It did not appear to have a complete tail and there was a small crew behind and beneath the plane walking with it. Color was a light green. It was towed out from the south side of Plant 42, to the northernmost east-west runway, to which they took it about halfway to the east, where it sat for some time, then cut back across, southwards, back where they came from. I'll have to look at my photos when I get them back, but after it came back to the south, it appeared to have more of a tail section than it did when it first came out.

Should have the film back by Wed, so I'll post again when I've got them up on my site.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]