"PASSPORTS" TO BE REQUIRED TO VISIT FEDERAL LANDS

Message posted by Scott (aka Skunk Hunter) on December 06, 2003 at 9:32:46 PST:

Hello, all.
Sorry to bring such bad news, but here goes.
On Oct. 8, 2003, seven East Coast Congressmen led by Ralph Regula (D-Ohio) introduced the Bush Administration's long-awaited legislation to permanently authorize the "Recreation Fee Demonstration Program." This law, if passed, will affect all of us who love to go to the desert. The bill is House Resolution 3283 (HR 3283) and needs to be stopped iin its tracks. (The best way to stop something like this is to write a hand-written letter to your Senators and Representatives in Washington and tell them you won't vote for them if they vote "yes" on this resolution. Just a simple one-line note like this is good enough to get their attention, believe me!)
Maybe Chuck Clark knows more about this further erosion of our rights as tax-paying citizens. Tom? Robb? Russ? Joerg? Are you guys up on this issue? Under this law, an "America the Beautiful" passport would be required to be bought to visit federal agency lands. The fee for this "passport" would go into a general fund--the money disappears into Washngton. The plan would be administered by "volunteers" who would be paid by being issued a pass of their very own. Failure to pay the fee would be a criminal offense. Golden Age, Golden Access and Golden Eagle passes to the parks would no longer be valid. More bait-and-switch from the happy lawyers and industrialists who really running the country? If You do not want to be forced to purchase a passport next time you visit your public lands, I suggest you contact your Congressmen and Senators. Hey, I'm just the messenger! Check out the link:

Attached link: BAD LEGISLATION IN THE WORKS

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]