Re: Dangerous to film near the base?

Message posted by lone wolf on November 21, 2003 at 20:19:40 PST:

If you want to get video of the cammo dudes in action...well..."action" is not their middle name. [The most action I saw on my last visit was Karl and his special Swedish pump, but that is another story.] Generally, the cammo dudes will be in place before you arrive, especially at the front gate, so all you will see is cammo dudes back at you, much like that scene in "10", except the cammo dudes don't resemble Bo Derek.

I suggest hanging around the back gate where the dude has to come out of the trailer to meet the white trucks that enter/exit the base. Also, hanging around the entrances to Bald Mountain will get you some cammo dude movement since there are no cammo dudes stationed there.

There are three entrances at Bald Mountain, which for this discussion we can call south (closest to the base), middle and north. If you hang out near the middle or north entrance, the cammo dudes will want to get past you so that they can get back on their side of the border again. Make sure you don't block the road. The cammo dudes enter the area from the south entrance, so they won't pass you there. However, the camera at the south entrance can move, so it may be fun to get out of the car and move around yourself so that they have to track you.

Any time you are at a border for the first time, drive extra slow so you don't miss the border. If you cross the border, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

In Reply to: Dangerous to film near the base? posted by Rose-chan on November 21, 2003 at 19:20:07 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]