Re: O/T, but...

Message posted by Magoo on November 10, 2003 at 23:43:25 PST:

Just a clarification on the media comment...

I now count myself among the media on a full time basis, and I can assure you that at least 90% of the media that I know will report the following:

* things that they think are relevant, i.e. will sell papers or magazines or advertising space. Media organisations are businesses after all.
* or have at least some basis of fact.

The other 10% are the minority who go out of their way to create the news, or who profit by exaggerating others' misery.

In the context of the increase in air movements across the northern UK, either the media doesn't know about it, doesn't care, or doesn't have enough facts to correlate an increase in movements with an impending attack on someone! When it comes to issues such as this, most media are reluctant to speculate on the reason why as there could be any one of a number of reasons behind it.

Most times when a responsible media organisation will not print something important, it's because they may have been threatened with legal action, or it might compromise someone's security by doing so.

Just because there are some 'cowboys' out there, please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Magoo

In Reply to: Re: US deployments through Scotland ?? posted by Darkstar55 on November 10, 2003 at 23:22:54 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]