Re: Exemption for Area 51

Message posted by ohiotravler on October 21, 2003 at 18:34:05 PST:

Yes it does RedOctober. I firmly beleive that the exemption of Groom from evironmental law is an acceptable exception to U.S. "rules". If it does indeed aid in "national security" by keeping informaion out of the public eye (or eyes of terrorists) then so be it.

They are doing so in one remote area of the Nevada desert (A51) that is off limits to public access. It is well away from major population and should not cause harm to anyone not present at the base.

Now, as far as the A51 employees that are affected physically by toxins and disposal of "secret" materials, I think that the Government has a deep responsibility to protect those workers that handle such materials. Afterall, those workers are sworn to never DISCLOSE anything that goes on at the base, which is a big duty in itself. Why can't the Government return the favor and protect the employees of A51? I'm sure OSHA and the "Right to know" is non-existent on the Ranch...

Now I know some of you may be eyeballing my comments here, thinking that I am pro-government. The bottom line is that my personal opinion is that National Security have very little boundries. Even if it violates the laws in which the rest of us has to abide by.

Not fair?

What wouldn't be "fair" is not having freedom! What if some of these black projects form the 50's and 60's would have never succeeded due to a breech in National Security? Products of black projects have aided in giving us the freedom and military supermecy that we enjoy today in the United States. What if "Have Blue" never went the distance? The blackbird failed? No stealth technology? All because someone found out what they were burning at A51 out of curiousity...

For me I pick the products of A51. I think of it as Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Willy is stirring chocolate that we won't taste for many years. But, he's not telling us whats in his new chocolate. Why??? Because Mr. Slugworth will steal his secrets and beat him to the punch!

I will wait for the candy, but in the meanwhile Willy, protect the Ump-Loomp's from dangerous chocolate!

Ohiotraveler

In Reply to: Re: Exemption for Area 51 posted by RedOctober on October 21, 2003 at 17:35:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]